Women’s Choral Choir Concert to sing with “Mizzou singers”

The OHS Women’s Chorale is having a concert this Friday, Jan. 18 at 7 pm. The concert will be at St. Paul’s Church and the choir will be performing with college choir the “Mizzou Singers.”

The Women’s Chorale has been accepted to play at the Missouri Music Educators Association (MMEA) Conference Jan 24. This is an especially big honor because this year is the 75th convention, so all choirs were eligible to apply.

“We were accepted out of hundreds of other schools to perform,” said Chorale member Olivia Vaughn (11).

Friday’s concert is a preview of the choir’s performance for the convention, which will be held in Tan-Tar-A.

“It’s mainly for people who can’t make it down to the Lake,” Vaughn said.

The concert is also a practice run for the convention, which makes it even more significant.

“It’s really important because it’s a pre-concert or warm up for our performance at Tan-Tar-A,” said Jax Stephens (11).

For people who want to hear the Women’s Chorale’s MMEA performance but can not go all the way to Tan-Tar-A to hear it, this concert is a great opportunity.