Superintendent Knost joins Twitter

With the possibility of snow looming over the past few weeks, one central office administrator has taken it upon himself to join the Twitter world to inform the district: Dr. Eric Knost. Mehlville’s own Superintendent has joined the social media scene by updating the community about weather alerts and academic highlights throughout the district.

On Feb. 12, Tweeters received their first tweet from the Mehlville Superintendent about the strings concert at Oakville Middle. The account gained popularity around Feb. 19 when inclement weather was predicted. Knost kept the community informed about his decisions to call off school on both snow days. Now, the Superintendent has over 1,000 followers, or people who subscribe to his tweets, mostly in the form of community students and parents.

Although threats of snow days have come and gone, Knost has kept the account and has tweeted about district news and accomplishments. Knost has tweeted pictures of concerts, tennis court and auditorium construction and shots of classrooms he has visited. In addition, he has tweeted shout outs to individual students and teams in congratulation, as well as updated about district schedule changes. Comments in response to Knost’s tweets have been positive.

Follow the Superintendent by subscribing to @MSD_Supt on Twitter.