How to prepare for finals

Homecoming, spring break, and prom are all a check. All that is left are finals. With the last full week of the school year coming to a close, it is easy to get distracted by the excitement and forget all about them. The Prowl is here to give you five tips to make sure that does not happen.

1. Don’t cram. This is one of the most important things to do. Most finals are comprehensive, which means it will not take you two seconds to study all that material. To be able to properly study a large amount of material, you need to study a little everyday leading up to finals.

2. Organize. Begin by making yourself a daily schedule for when to study the topics for review. Cover a small amount of material each day. Also, make sure you have all your materials to study with you. It is a little hard to study when your books are in your locker and not at home.

3. Study groups. These sound cheesy, but they do help. This is also a good way to have fun while at the same time, remembering material for a test. It always helps when you can study with people and get their help with things you are not sure about.

4. Stay calm. Being stressed has never helped while preparing for finals. Relax, take a breath. If you feel like there is something you do not know or understand, ask a friend or someone in the same class for help. Study the things you are unsure about more than the things you know front and back.

5. Get a good night rest. Part of preparing for finals is after all the studying the nights before. Make sure to get a healthy amount of sleep the night before so you can be wide awake for finals. It is easier to focus when you do not have the feeling of wanting to jump back in bed during your test.

Finals are a big part of the school year. Do not let it scare you, however. You have already learned all the material months before. Brushing up on all the notes and papers will make the experience easier, though. So, good luck and start studying your heart out.