OHS seniors help out at Oak Bridge

OHS seniors help out at Oak Bridge

OHS seniors went to Oak Bridge Community Church on Thursday, May 2 and Friday, May 3 to earn their service learning hours. The students helped clean, organize, and count cans from a canned food drive the church held.

Seniors Jack Reilly, Jordan Klipsch, Alex Dieckmann, Jeff Winter, Kyle Filiput, Justin Bell, Bryant Shanks, Hope Bernsten, Cassie Noblitt, Shannon Giles, Kayla Reeg, Emily Roth, Katie McCormick, Kelly McCormick, Renee Tobee, and Ronni Marts were at Oak Bridge helping out. The main goal for the students was to help count the cans, Oak Bridge raised just under 5,000 cans in two weeks.

“I feel like we were very helpful,” Bell said. “We packaged close to 5,000 cans, and helped feed 150 families.”

Along with counting cans the bookstore inside the church was organized, the church was vacuumed, and the windows were cleaned. The Students were happy to be there, for they knew that they were lucky to be out of school and doing a little work with their friends was not too bad.

“I liked helping and it was not a big deal,” Kelly said. “We all would have done it any other day.”

Oak Bridge is a very student driven church. They bring energy to the congregation, and the youth love being there. The OHS seniors who volunteered there love it, and have no problem helping out.