Kickin’ It To Greatness

Freshman dedicates free time to soccer
Soccer+player+Jaxon+Schnurr+%289%29+attempts+to+score+a+goal+in+an+OHS+game.+When+I+score+a+goal+in+soccer%2C+its+a+great+feeling+and+I+am+filled+with+love+and+passion+for+the+sport%2C+Schnurr+said.+Schnurr+has+had+a+passion+for+soccer+ever+since+he+began+playing.+
Jaxon Schnurr
Soccer player Jaxon Schnurr (9) attempts to score a goal in an OHS game. “When I score a goal in soccer, it’s a great feeling and I am filled with love and passion for the sport,” Schnurr said. Schnurr has had a passion for soccer ever since he began playing.

Jaxon Schnurr (9), a soccer player for OHS and Carshield, has a huge passion for soccer. Schnurr began playing soccer because of his family, who continue to motivate him to this day. 

“My grandpa inspired me to start playing soccer,” Schnurr said. 

At the age of just 3 years old, Schnurr was inspired by his grandpa to begin playing soccer and immediately fell in love. To keep his love and passion for the sport, Schnurr made sure that he stayed in shape mentally and physically.

“I eat healthy, and I train a lot,” Schnurr said. “And I make goals to stay focused.”

These goals cover a range of soccer skills, which are inspired by his soccer idols.

“My goals right now are to get as many touches on the ball as I can. Another goal I have is to keep my stamina, and the people I look up to most in soccer are Ronaldo and Pele,” Schnurr said. “I look up to them because when they make goals for themselves, they make sure they get achieved and they always stay on task and stay focused.”

Not only does soccer teach Schnurr how to set goals for himself, it also provides fun and memorable times for him. 

“My favorite soccer memory is whenever me and my club team traveled all the way to Oklahoma and we came first place in the tournament,” Schnurr said. 

While soccer provides entertainment, it comes with hardships as well. However, Schnurr has found a way to handle the difficulties. 

“When I get stressed out or upset about a game, I talk to my mom,” Schnurr said. “She really comforts me and calms me down, and when things get hard, I try to keep a level head and do one thing at a time.” 

The hardest aspect of soccer for Schnurr is time dedication. 

“The amount of time it takes up [is tough],” Schnurr said. “You have to give up a lot of your time for training, which is probably the hardest thing about soccer.”

Despite the hardships and challenges it takes to be a soccer player, Schnurr still continues to have a huge passion for the sport.

“I hope someday I will be a professional soccer player,” Schnurr said. “Playing soccer has been the biggest passion I’ve had ever since I stepped on the field.”