Teen club struggles to open for business

Inspired by parental concerns and the boredom associated with South county, Scott and Teressa Droney, Alberto Fortuny, Mark Johnson, and Jack Hunter are in the process of creating a “place where kids can be a part of a club, have fun, and stay sober.”

“Having grown-up in Oakville, my husband [Scott] remembered there being little to do in South County when he was a teenager,” Mrs. Teressa Droney said. “We realize that kids should have fun, but need supervision to ensure things don’t get out of hand.”

With that vision in mind, “NV” was created for high school students ages 14 to 18. Friday to Saturday nights from 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. members can enter for $10 and enjoy a night of dancing and socializing.

NV is run with a zero-tolerance policy and is heavily monitoring by a combination of policemen and parents. Upon leaving NV, students will not be allowed to re-enter the club once they have left.
NV was scheduled to open for business Oct. 16, 2010 at 3924 Lemay Ferry Road. However the opening has been put on hold due to issues concerning licensing.

“Democratic County Councilman of District 6, Steve Stenger, is road blocking the grand opening of NV,” said Droney.

Due to Councilman Stenger’s freeze on the licensing of the all teen-club in South Saint Louis County, NV may not open at all. The decision is still pending.

View Comments (5)