Cheaper by the dozen plus one

Freshman year is a substantial milestone in any teenagers life, but it can also be nerve-racking and scary. For Serena Crawford (10), her nerves were relaxed some knowing she had three sisters already attending OHS. She had less worrying to do about where her locker, classes, lunch lines and bathrooms were with the help of her older sisters.

“I felt better knowing my sisters were there, they helped me to know where I was going and where everything should be,” Serena said.

Parents are a big part of teenagers lives. Whether it is the simplest of situations or the most difficult predicaments, family always has each others backs. For the thirteen Crawford family members, there is no shortage in support and encouragement

“The best part of my big family is we always have someone to talk to, someone is always there for support,” Shawanda Crawford (11) said.

After 30 years of marriage, mother of thirteen Sandra Crawford, explained how their family gets closer every day. With two grandchildren and one on the way, there is never a dull moment. Even with some of the family living out of state, they still make time enjoy every moment together.

“Though some of our children and our grandchildren live in different states, we are still a close knit family,” Sandra said.