Wild prevails: seniors win powder puff

Wild prevails: seniors win powder puff

Oakville High School senior girls showed the junior girls that man is no match for the wild.

The senior girls won the annual powder puff game, Oct. 7, on the OHS football field, 42-28. The game was billed as Man (the juniors) vs Wild (the seniors).

“The [Senior girls] did really good,“ said Sarah Guenther, Senior girls coach. ”The juniors did bring it, they played hard, but in the end I think our girls just wanted it a little bit more.”

Ellie Growe (12), Kelsea Boone (12), and Audra Plassmeyer (12) all scored touchdowns for the seniors. Growe led the way with three touchdowns and Boone had two.

“I feel pretty good about [getting] three touchdowns,” Growe said, “but I definitely wouldn’t have been able to do it without my team. I was able to score because there were other people playing well beside me.”

The junior girls played very well, according to Kelsey Boyle (11). Boyle scored a touchdown for the juniors in the first half. Ashley Burton (11) scored three of the juniors’ four total touchdowns.

“We did fantastic,” Boyle said. “We played with our hearts and did phenomenal.”

The juniors were able to tie the game going into halftime, scoring more points in the first half this year than last year’s juniors scored in the whole game last year.

All of the proceeds form ticket sales at the game are going to the Ken Kolwyck Memorial Scholarship fund. The fund is dedicated to the beloved science teacher who passed away Sept. 14.