Fright Night Lights dance aims to raise schools spirit

On Oct. 28, after the last home football game against Eureka, OHS students and football fans can look forward to dancing the night away at the Fright Night Lights Dance.

Sponsored by Student Council, the dance will be taking the place of the recently canceled Winter Dance. StuCo hopes that despite some students disappointment over losing Winter Dance, they’ll be open to new ideas.

“It’s something different and new,” StuCo Sponsor Mrs. Laura Zwilling said. “There are so many dances the second part of the year that we were dance saturated. It’s kind of a way to build school spirit. We thought we’d give it a try and see how it worked at Oakville.”

While Winter Dance has been replaced, not all aspects will be lost.  StuCo still plans to continue some of the activities associated with Winter Dance such as Battle of the Bands and Spirit Week.

Tiger Cage Leader Emily Goeke (12) agrees that despite losing Winter Dance the new dance should be a good time.

“I like it. I like that it’s more informal,” Goeke said. “We’ll be all hyped up after the football game. Hopefully after a win! It’ll be a good time.”

Tickets for the dance can be bought  during all lunches for $3 and will be sold at the door for $5. Beginning at 9 p.m. and running until 11 p.m., the dance will be held in Gym A.