Magical madrigals dinner

Magical madrigals dinner

The Madrigal Chamber Choir (MADS) at OHS is having their annual dinner theater     this week , with the last show today, Dec. 9. The MADS Dinner Theater is a concert-play put on by the MADS choir for parents and students. The show they are doing this year is “The Saga of Moodrick the Foul and the Great Chicken Coup.”

“The Saga of Moodrick the Foul and the Great Chicken Coup” is told by a jester, played by Devin Clark (12), to his royal court about Moodrick the Foul who is played by Ben Sopovic (11).

“We put a lot of work into this. We start practicing our parts a month in advance then start our group rehearsals a week and a half before the show for three hours every night,” Clark said.

This concert-play is always put together this time of year by the MADS choir, where they get the opportunity to show off their stuff and act out different plays.

“We get to act out funny and charming plays that are really corny, but always fun to put on,” MADS choir member Alex Sato (11) said.

After the play, the choir proceeds to sing Christmas songs. Some of the carols this year are: “Joy to the World,” “The First Noel,” “Deck the Halls,” “Angels We Have Heard on High,” “Silent Night,” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”

“These songs put me in the mood for what time of year it is,” member of MADS choir Tony Sutton (11) said. “Singing Christmas songs with your buddies, what more could I ask for?”

Tickets for tonight’s show can be acquired from Mrs. Falloon. TIckets are going fast and are close to being sold out.