“Diamonds in the Dusk” is a huge success

Diamonds in the Dusk is a huge success

On Saturday, May 5, the senior class at OHS celebrated the most anticipating dance of their high school career, prom.  The theme for the dance, held at the America Center was “Diamonds in the Dusk”.

At the beginning of the year, expectations for prom were very low, and many students were very worried that they would not have a good time.
“I am really glad it turned out they way it did,” class president Abby Voss said. “It seemed like people were having a great time.”

The prom began with dinner served around 7:00pm.  Following dinner was the coronation of prom king and queen.  The results were nothing but expected.  Steve Ream was announced king with his girlfriend since eighth grade, Kelsi Schlundt announced queen.
“It was an amazing feeling winning prom court with Steve,” Schlundt said.  “This will definitely be something that we can both remember forever.”
After the king and queen were announced they took their first dance together, followed by the dance itself.
While the dance was at full swing, the music suddenly stopped and the DJ made an announcement that Steve Brunk had a surprise for everyone.  Steve decided to give the performance he had given at this year’s Mr. OHS Pageant.
“People kept telling me that it was awesome that I could make “Dubstep” sounds with my voice, so I decided to give them one more performance,” Brunk said.

At about 10:55 pm, the DJ played the last song of the night, and the attendees started to file out to the parking garage.