Volleyball remains undefeated

Volleyball remains undefeated

With only two games remaining before districts, volleyball still is still undefeated at 26-0.

At the beginning of the season, boys volleyball had their sights set on becoming the first public school to win a state championship.  Their goal is becoming closer to a reality.

“[Coach Morgan Lucas] goes to the district seeding meeting this weekend,” Drew Hensel (12) said. “As the top seed, we will have the easiest road to the final four at the moment.”

Many players have been contributing to the Tigers success this season. Rightside hitter Dan Condra (12) leads the team in kills with 176 and also has 65 aces. Setter Ryan Leubke (12) leads the team with 589 assists and Nick Bramer (12) leads the team with 70 blocks. Outside hitter Jake Duckworth (10) is averaging three kills per game with 168 total. Libero Drew Hensel is leading the team in serves received with 272.

“The best thing about our team is we spread the ball around,” Hensel said. “It’s really hard for the other team to focus on one hitter.”

OHS defeated the number three seed, De Smet, two games to one to win the match on May 4. The Tigers only have two more games left in the regular season. They host St. Mary’s at 6 p.m. on May 10 and Affton at 5 p.m. on May 11.

“[De Smet] was probably the most legitimate team on our schedule and we beat them,” Hensel said.

OHS will try to finish the season undefeated and go on to achieve their main goal, a state championship.