OHS knocks off top ranked Parkway South

OHS knocks off top ranked Parkway South

OHS gave Parkway South their first loss of the season, defeating the visiting Patriots 6-0 on Tuesday, Sept. 20.

“They are probably our biggest rival,” head coach Rich Sturm said. “We treated this game like it was any other game. We didn’t make it out to be bigger than it was.  It’s part of our philosophy, we try not to get to high or get too low and we try not to treat any game in the regular season as bigger than any other.”

OHS pitcher Jordan Michalski (9) tossed a four hit shutout against one of the best teams in St. Louis.

“For a freshman to go against the number two ranked team in St.Louis, an undefeated team at 16-0, they’ve got two or three division one players in that line up,” Sturm said. “ I just thought it was a tremendous job on her part.”

Savannah Fedorchak (11) had three RBIs (runs batted in) in the game including two doubles.  Catcher Lexie Klable (11) had an RBI double.

Fedorchak is now second in the conference with 30 RBI’s.

“Overall it was a complete team effort,” Sturm said. “It was great defense, great pitching and timely hitting.”

OHS defeated Marquette yesterday 10-1. The Tigers are now 13-3 and are currently on a seven game win streak.

“We want to continue to play at the level we are at now,” Sturm said. “ I think we are playing as well right now as we have the whole year. With districts being two weeks away, it is certainly a good time to be playing our best softball.”