Oakville students help kids make good decisions

Teenage Health Consultants is a program in which high school students go talk to elementary and middle school students about making good life decisions.

“[The purpose] is to talk to kids so they have a peer to listen to about drugs and bullying and what is the right choice,” Alyssa Inman (12), said.

The students go talk to other schools when their services are requested.

“Schools like Beasley, Bernard, Oakville, Wohlwend, and Point request to have someone come to their school. We usually go in the morning or during lunch,” Monique Castillo (12), said.

Some topics of discussion include bullying, drugs, alcohol, and making good choices. There are different lessons the students teach the kids for different grade levels.

Not only is the program benefiting the younger students, it is benefiting our own students as well.

“I like working with kids and its a fun way to give back to the community,” Hope Berntsen (12), said. Teenage Health Consultants is a program in which high school students go talk to elementary and middle school students about making good life decisions.

“I like working with kids and its a fun way to give back to the community,” Hope Berntsen (12), said.