OHS choir succeeds at competition

The OHS choir program went to an area-wide choir competition at Lindbergh High School on March 13, blowing the crowd and the judges away. With high expectations, the choir students were hoping to come back with only the highest awards possible. They did just that.

OHS Concert Choir Mixed (CCM), Women’s Chamber Choir (WCC), Men’s Choir, and Chorale all performed at the competitions, putting on their game faces from the moment they walked through the door to when they walked out.

“We had countless hours of practice leading up to the competition,” fourth year CCM and Choral singer Ashley Kluge (12) said. “We all knew we had big shoes to fill, with previous years always getting 1’s. So we all had to put our game faces on and pay attention at practices.”

Men’s Choir started off OHS’s appearance in the competition with “Brothers Sing On” and “Homeland”. WCC followed after, singing “I’d Wed If I Were Not Too Young” and “Dixit Dominus”. CCM sang “Lux Aeterna” and “Hark I Hear The Harps Eternal,” then Chorale ended with “In The Sweet By And By”, “Teir Abhaile Riu”, and “Egytem, Begyetem”.

“We did very well in the competitions. I am very proud of our choirs this year and know we will go on to do great at next month’s competitions in Florida!” Kluge said.

All choirs walked away from the day with all around 1’s, this being the highest and best number to receive in the competitions. All their hard work paid off and the choir program has one more award to put with all their other great accomplishments of this year.