Mr. OHS wears pink

Mr. OHS wears pink

This years annual Mr. OHS pageant will be on April 26 at 7 pm.  23 OHS senior boys will represent their club or sport, and battle it out to be crowned this years Mr. OHS.

Mr. OHS is an annual male pageant, where the boys are scored on their talent, answers to questions, and formal wear.  Whoever scores the highest in all these categories, is crowned Mr. OHS.  Then at the end of the night, the audience takes their ticket and votes for Mr. Popularity.

Although this is a big part of the night, the real reason for Mr. OHS is to give back.

Every year half of the proceeds are donated to a charity of the journalism programs choosing.

This year the money will be going to cancer research funding in the name of Angelique Bardley.  Bardley was part of this year’s senior class.  For two years, Bardley fought very hard battling her liver cancer.

“It was an obvious decision to give back to cancer research,”  said Editor-and- Chief  Rachel Scott (12).  “ Especially in the name of one of our own.”

Bradley was an active member of many clubs here at OHS including the journalism program, working on the yearbook staff and the broadcast.

“I feel its a very great thing to give back to someone who was so inspirational to not only myself, but to everyone in her community.” said Dan Altman (12).

Make sure to buy your tickets this week at all lunches for $3.  Tickets will also be sold at the door for $5.