Bellinger is crowned Mr.OHS

Bellinger is crowned Mr.OHS

Mikey Bellinger, Mr. Polar Plunge, was crowned Mr. OHS on Friday April 26, in GYM A.

Bellinger competed against 19 other contestants from the Class of 2013. He wowed the crowd with his elaborate story during the question and answer round along with his interpretive dance during the talent round.

“My words can’t really describe it, it’s the most wonderful feeling in the world,” Bellinger said, “ I can’t thank everyone enough. Special thanks to Alli Colby for helping me with my dance and Erin Zwilling for being shiver bear, and Mrs. Zwilling for getting the costume. Special thanks to the OHS staff, the OHS principals and OHS as a whole. I will never forget this moment and it’s going to suck walking off that stage on June second”.

After the second intermission, only five contestants were standing. Before crowning one of the five Mr. OHS, Messy Dedic was awarded Mr. Popularity by a large margin.

The fourth runner up was Alex Dieckmann (Mr. Homecoming), third runner up was Troy Korte (Mr. Hockey), and second runner up was John Stinson (Mr. Broadcast).

The crowd then carried on with a drum roll as Bellinger and Timmy Buehne (Mr. Tiger Cage) stood anxiously at the front of the stage. Bellinger was crowned Mr. OHS 2013 and Buehne was first runner up.

“On wednesday Mr. Polar Plunge will be wearing pink,” commented Kellen Yoey, one of the emcees along with co-coordinator Rachel Scott.

This year the Mr. OHS audience was larger than the past. Altogether, the event raised over $1,000. All proceeds will be donated to Saint Louis Children’s Hospital for cancer research in the name of Angelique Bardley, Class of 2013 and avid member of the Broadcast and Yearbook classes.