Much awaited for, vastly needed, win!

Much awaited for, vastly needed, win!

As the storms blew into Oakville friday night, the Tigers and their fans waited for two hours to witness the game. The wait was well worth it, as the Tigers gained their first win tonight against the Lindbergh Flyers in a nail-biting 14-13 decision.

The Tigers improved their record to 1-2 with a big win. Touchdowns by Avion Stevenson and Derrick Brown and a missed flyer extra point gave OHS the edge.

“It was a good win tonight against a team that beat us last year 42-0.” Coach Arlee Conners said, “It was a must win.’

The Tigers struck first with a one yard rush touchdown by Derrick Brown(12) set up by 25 yard pass from Andy Oliver(11) to Avion Stevenson(12). “It feels good to have been waiting all these years and now knowing that the quarterback is looking at me,” Stevenson said.

The Flyers followed later in the half with a seven yard touchdown pass from Logan Offner(10) to Blake Thomas(11).

Carvon Robinson(10) and Brown both had big plays in the second half of the game. Brown restarted the second scoring drive by taking a fake punt for a 27 yard rush. Two plays after Browns fake punt Oliver threw the 17 yard game winning touchdown pass to Stevenson.

“It was great to make that game changer,” Brown said, “It was the climax of the game.”

Robinson intercepted two Flyer passes in the second half to potentially keep them from winning the game, “it felt good to get the picks.” Robinson said, “I’m only a sophomore on varsity, so I can only get better.”

The long awaited win has now occurred, and the Tigers will play the Eureka Wildcats at the Edward Jones Dome downtown next saturday night.