SLUH game looms large for Tigers

SLUH game looms large for Tigers

The OHS Football team is coming off a 42-8 victory last week against the Northwest Lions. That was the Tigers third victory in a row evening their record at 4-4 overall this season.

Tonight the Tigers take on St. Louis University High in what is their most important game yet this season. If the Tigers win, they most certainly will host either the Lindbergh Flyers or the Marquette Mustangs in a district home game next Friday Oct. 26.

“It’s a game we definitely want and need to win, especially since we lost to them in the playoffs last year and we need to show that we are not the same team as last year,” said head coach Arlee Conners about the SLUH game.

With Marquette playing winless Northwest and Lindbergh playing one win Mehlville this week, it is vital that the Tigers defeat SLUH to maintain their fourth place in the district.

If the Tigers were to lose and Marquette and Lindbergh both win, it is possible that the Tigers could face either Eureka or Parkway South in a tough road district game next Friday Oct. 26.

Tonight’s game starts at 7pm tonight on the stadium field.