Tigers start off season with a loss

Tigers start off season with a loss

The OHS boys basketball team started their season with a disappointing 51-44 loss to Rockwood Summit in their home opener Dec. 4.

The Tigers came out playing hard and aggressive in the first half. The Tigers played a two-three zone on defense and was playing it very well, but Summit could not miss from the three point line going 7-13. As well in the first half the Tigers struggled to get a solid offensive flow going. The Tigers went into halftime trailing 35-20.

In the second half the Tigers came out in a man-to-man defense and were able to significantly silence Summit from the field, giving up only one field goal. The Tigers also began to play catch up with some key shooting from Ervin Sarajlic (11) and solid post play by Austin Gillman (11). In the end though the Tigers went into the final minute down by only four, and began to follow Summit. Summit could not make a free throw though and gave the Tigers a chance to win, but were unable to pull out the victory.

“Now we have a starting point and have things to work on for the upcoming games,” said head coach Nick Traxler.

Sarajlic and Gillmann led the team in points with 15 and 16 respectively. Gillmann also led the team in rebounds with nine. The Tigers go on the road for the first time this season Friday, December 7 against Holt at 7pm.