Tigers open up 4-0, suffer first loss

Tigers open up 4-0, suffer first loss

The OHS boys volleyball team beat Parkway South in three games on April 2. The big win increased the Tiger’s record to 4-0.

The preseason rankings for volleyball in Missouri seeded OHS eighth, but after beating Parkway South, who beat SLUH the day before, the Tigers are projected to be ranked fourth.

Big wins like this are big confidence boosters for the Tigers. The team hopes to bring home another state title, and winning tough games bring them one step closer.

“[The win] shows us that we can come back,” Jake Duckworth (12) explained. “They were up 11-4 at one point and we came back on a 6-4 run. Wins like that give us confidence that we can win big games”

It appears the Tigers have learned a lot from Parkway South, so hopefully the lessons they learned will lead them to future victories.

“With a comeback like that it gets us pumped for games to come,” Austin Glover (12) said. “It teaches us to be intense too. In the first and second game we were not intense and it cost it.”

Despite the win against Parkway South, the Tigers suffered their first lost of the season, 2-1 on April 3, to Vianney. The Tigers won the first game, but then lost the second two.

The Tigers won their next game on April 4 against Eureka. Their record is now 5-1. The team has four games this week, and are at home on Tuesday (April 9), Wednesday (April 10), and Friday (April 12).