myOHSonline.com

Filed under Sports, Top Stories

Golden Girls prepare for nationals

For five years, OHS Golden Girls has been competing at National Dance Alliance (NDA) in Orlando, FL. The team leaves today and come back late Monday, Feb. 25.

Varsity will compete Feb 22 -23 for preliminary competition. They will compete small varsity mix, small varsity pom, and small varsity kick while JV will only compete in pom.

This is the first year JV is traveling with Varsity and actually competing at the competition.

“I’m nervous for nationals,” said JV capitan Lydia Manning (10), “Unlike Varsity, all JV pom teams (despite their sizes) will compete against each other.” Manning explains that they could compete against a team of nearly 30, while their own team has six people.

Despite that, Manning is hopeful for her team.

“We’ve been working so hard,” Manning said, “And I have faith that we can pull through and have a good turn out. I feel like the hard work we put in will pay off there.”

Madiah Parker (12) is also excited about nationals.

“In a way we have been preparing for nationals since August 2018.” Parker said. “JV and Varsity both have been practicing day in and day out in order to take home this win. I’m confident we can place well.”

About the Writer
Avery Neal, Reporter

Hello there! I’m Avery Neal, although most people call me Ronald McDonald from the amount of McDonalds I eat. I am a sophomore at Oakville High School....